Your Sécra Shoes shoes are designed to fit comfortably snug when you first try them on. With wear, the leather will stretch, molding to the shape of your foot. The shoes will stretch across the widest part of your foot as you break them in, but they will not stretch in the length. Each shoe has a few sneaky tricks to help the leather mould to the shape of your foot. Below are a few tips to choose your perfect sandal.
The sandal you can walk for days in...Willow is designed to fit both narrow and wide feet so your foot sits securely in the sandal. This sandal is the by far the most versatile in terms of fit, it is also very forgiving in terms of selecting the correct size and for people with wide feet.
If you have a wide foot or a bunion, the toe strap may feel a little tight please do not worry, the leather will naturally stretch slightly, soften and mould to the shape of your feet with each wear. However, if there is an issue or any discomfort, you can very easily modify the strap following the three steps below.
Poppy is designed to fit both narrow and wide feet featuring an ankle cup that allows your foot sits securely in the sandal. If you have a wide foot or you are in between sizes we recommend choosing half a size up.
If the toe strap is too tight please do not worry, the leather will naturally stretch slightly, soften and mould to the shape of your feet with each wear. However, if there is an issue or any discomfort, you can very easily modify the strap following the three steps below:
Halle features a cross over strap that has been designed to be a snug fit so your foot sits securely in the sandal and is positioned correctly on the arch support.
If you have a wider foot or a bunion we recommend choosing one full size up. The cross over straps may initially feel a little too tight however please do not worry, the leather will naturally stretch slightly, soften and mould to the shape of your feet with each wear. However, if there is an issue or any discomfort, you can very easily modify the strap following the three steps below.
Jess is designed to fit both narrow and wide feet. If you have a wide foot we recommend you choose one size up as the upper may be a little restrictive.
If the upper leather strap is too tight or not soft enough – please do not worry, the leather will stretch slightly, soften and mould to the shape of your feet with each wear. However, if there is an issue or any discomfort, you can very easily modify the strap following the three steps below.
1. Hairdryer + Stretch - Apply heat to the part of the strap that is too tight from 20cm away for 2 minutes on a medium - high heat. Once heated, use your hands to stretch the strap where it feels too tight. If the straps are considerably tight, don’t be timid, you can give her a decent stretch! Place your foot inside the sandal and wear for 10 minutes. This technique may need to be repeated for desired results. Once perfect, make sure you continue to wear Jess around for at least the next 30 mins to further mould her leather to your feet.
2. ‘Activate’ the elastic expander - The Jess sandal comes with an elastic expander feature which controls the tightness of the back part of the strap. On the suede uppers this is already activated for you. However on the leather upper we have kept it closed so you can decided if you would like to activate it for more room. When ‘activated’, the elastic allows the rear of the strap to expand, decreasing the tightness. Simply cut the leather covering the expander to 'activate' and decrease the tightness as seen in the picture below. Be careful not to cut the elastic material. Tip: If you have two feet that are a different size (very common) you may only need to do this for one but not the other.
3. Leather Conditioner - Applying a leather conditioner to your straps will immediately make them feel even softer, alleviating any temporary discomfort. See Product Care for more info.
Another note on Jess
This suits all foot types except for people with a really high arch which results in the characteristic bump on top of your foot (see below picture). If you have the bump on the top of your foot, you will struggle to get into these shoes. We recommend choosing Willow or Poppy. Please note; you are likely to know if you have this 'bump' as you will have more than likely encountered this issue in other shoes. If you have never encountered this issue, then it is likely that you will not have this problem with these sandals.
Please see below image of a high arch and bump on the top of the foot.
We have conducted extensive testing of the footbed on people with wide feet and people with wide feet can wear our sandals without issue. We simply recommend choosing one size up from your regular size for the Halle and Jess and half a size up for the Willow and Poppy. For people with wide feet, expect a small degree of overhang along the outside of the foot, however, this is certainly no more (and likely less) than what you would expect from standard ladies footwear. For ladies with wide feet, the most important thing is the sandals are comfortable and the orthotic sits in the correct position on the foot.
As we have done for people with wide feet, we have conducted extensive testing of the footbed on people with narrow feet and people with narrow feet can wear our sandals without issue. For people with narrow feet, the Jess and Halle sandals are perfect for you. The Willow and Poppy may require you to add an extra hole for the buckle, this is super easy!
Yes. All of our sandals are suitable for people with bunions and in fact will be a far superior option for you than wearing flat, non-supportive shoes which are one of main contributing factors in the development of bunions. If you have a tendency to pronate (roll in at the feet), this movement can push the big toe inwards. Having some support can help to support the feet in a more optimal posture and reduce the pressure on the big toe. The 'Halle' crossover sandal and the 'Jess' slide are perfect for people with bunions as they can completely cover them up so that no-one will even notice that you have them!
At this stage, we only make one width in our footwear. In the future, we may consider making wide and narrow fitting options.
As with most new footwear your shoes may require a little 'wear in' time, once the beautiful leather moulds to the shape of your foot you will never want to take them off.
Of course! We have options for you...
We hope you love your Sécra Shoes, however we understand not all feet are the same! If your shoes are not perfect for you please see our exchange, refund and warranty policy below:
-If you order the wrong size, colour, or style, we will swap them for FREE within 30 days of delivery. We cover the postage costs.
- You can test wear your Sécra Shoes for 30 days. If you need to exchange them you can get a new pair for 50% of the price of the new pair. This price includes the return postage costs.
- If you have a change of mind when they arrive, we will provide you with a refund. You will be deducted the postage costs $8.25 from the total refund amount. (Postage costs increase for two or more pairs)
- If you have WORN the footwear and you find you're still not completely satisfied, send them back within 30 days of delivery and we will REFUND you 50% of the money you paid for them. This price includes the return postage costs.
6 month warranty cover
- In the unlikely event there is a fault and it has not occurred through normal or expected wear and tear, then we will REPAIR, REPLACE, CREDIT or REFUND you.
Please contact our Customer Service team to arrange an exchange, refund or warranty with as much detail as possible at your request.
Please see our Warranty & Returns for full information on exchanges and refunds.
Sécra shoes are true to size. However we get not all feet are the same, below are some handy tips when you are choosing your size.
Wide Feet: If you have a wide foot we recommend you size up a half size up.
We have created a sizing chart for you to help you choose the perfect size of your Sécra Shoe. If you have any doubts as to which size to select, we suggest that you measure your feet and check the corresponding recommended size in the size chart.
We also have detailed sizing notes in the product description for each sandal. Please review the notes for the sandal you are ordering to get the right size.
If you already own some footwear from our other brand, please disregard this sizing, the sizing for Sécra Shoes is different. When selecting your Sécra Shoes size, just select your normal ladies shoe size.
If you do choose the wrong size, don't worry, we have a 100% free exchange process.
To find out the details, please read our Returns Policy.
*All styles go to size 10.5. At this stage, the Poppy sandal is the only style that we go to size 11 in. Bigger and smaller sizes to come soon.
Still a little unsure? Please contact our customer care team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily help you select the correct size.